Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Life Choices in the Jungle of Somewhere (Part 1)


  Somewhere, there was a jungle of beauty and peril. In some unfathomable way a person found himself in this jungle. This person may be a he or a she, you can decide. I will refer to him as a he and will call him Helgon. Helgon saw the beauty around him, on the surface it was marvelous, and yet there was something ominous, and sinister about it. It looked like it had once been perfect, and yet somehow fallen. There was a beautiful deer, and yet here lay a skeleton from some long dead animal, life and death all in one place. Here before him lay a walkway, well lit, and yet on either side lay dark foreboding shadows with creepy noises in them. Helgon started to walk, he didn't know where, he didn't know why he was here or where he belonged so how could he know where he was going?
  
  After walking for a mile, Helgon saw a beautiful pool off to the left side of the path, he knew that the shadows were dangerous, but he decided to go and look at it anyway, he wouldn't go far he thought. He left the path, he walked towards the pool. It was further than he thought, mud squished around him, and the shadows closed in. Something gripped him tightly, and he found himself being constricted by a great and terrible thing, he fought it with all his strength but it kept closing in around him, and it seemed he was doomed to this thing forever. It was at this moment Helgon remembered that he had just started walking, he had never looked for, or asked for a guide, he needed him now, so he began to call for help. Help came.

  Help came in the form of a man with scarred hands, this man quickly and efficiently uncoiled the serpent and crushed it's head with his foot. After Helgon recovered his breath he thanked the man and introduced himself. The man said, "I knew you from the beginning of time, I am Jesus, I saw you go alone and pursued you." Helgon asked, "Why did I ever go alone? How could I be so foolish? What was that awful snake? Jesus responded, " When you were on the walkway, you were confident, and believed in you. I believe in free will, and so I let you go it alone. When you wanted my help, I came. I followed you and was close by and waited for you to change your mind, for you see, this jungle is fallen, and I knew you would need help, it was just a matter of weather you wanted it or not. That snake is fear, and as long as you go with me, you will never need to face it again." 

Jesus moved towards the pool and Helgon, having learned his lesson went with Him. 

Do you believe in Christ? If so, you are Helgon. A part of God is in you at all times and therefore God is always with you. You never need to face fear again either, when you do, remember God within you. When I say you never need to face fear, I am talking to me....sigh....

-Loren

No comments:

Post a Comment